Content

Aretha Franklin: No Pancreatic Cancer

Friday, January 14, 2011
On the happy note that she continues to recover from a health scare, Aretha Franklinremains mum about what type of scare it was, but reveals that it was not pancreatic cancer.
Several reports claimed that the Queen of Soul was suffering from pancreatic cancer, but in an interview with Access Hollywood on Thursday (January 13), she set the record straight.
"I don’t know where 'pancreatic cancer' came from. I was sitting there reading the newspaper and it was saying someone in my family said that. No one in my family ever said that to anybody."
The “Respect” singer said that she sought treatment after experiencing a pain in her side that "was so hard it almost brought me to my knees."
Of the successful operation, Franklin added, "[My doctor] said, 'The surgery that you just had is going to add 15 to 20 more years to your life.”


My Ping in TotalPing.com

Labels

Blog Archive